This is the folder which contains all AltAnalyze relationship files used to:
- perform microarray normalization (library files, APT)
- Annotate gene expression results
- Identify which probesets align to which exons and annotations
- Associate proteins, domains and motifs with probesets
- Determine reciprocal junctions to compare for junction arrays
Nearly all AltAnalyze annotations are pre-built as opposed to extracted directly from array manufacturer files (Affymetrix CSV files). Files are downloaded from the main menu by selecting a species to analyze.
Most users will not need to ever open this directory unless they need to do the following:
- Look up array annotations in batch (e.g., AltDatabase/EnsMart55/Hs/exon/Hs_Ensembl_probesets.text).
- Customize database files (developers and advanced users only)
- Copy Affymetrix library and annotation files for other purposes
Multiple database versions will be stored in this directory for different versions of Ensembl (e.g., Ensembl version 55 - EnsMart55).